Live stream links for the Regional meet.
Record-breaking evening for the D-B swim team on Tuesday (2/23/21), the D-B swim team traveled to Freedom Hall in Johnson City to face the Science Hill Hilltoppers.
- Boys 200 Meter Medley Relay:
- Nick Love, Jack Allen, Johnathan Lai, and RJ Brumit broke a record set back in 2011 (1:55.88). They crushed it with a time of 1:52.68
- Boys 100 Meter Fly:
- Senior, Johnathan Lai, broke a record set back in 2004 by Clint McDavid (1:00.06) with a time of 59.16
- Girls 50 Meter Free:
- Junior, Libby Russum, broke her own short course meter record in the 50 free set in 2018 (27.71) with a new time of 27.44
- Girls 100 Meter Free:
- Junior, Libby Russum, also broke the 100-Meter short course record set back in 1986 by Brooke Ward with a new time of 59.58! The previous record was 100.4. The team has jokingly named the 35-year-old record the “COVID Record” since that is the maximum temperature allowed to attend sporting events this season.
- Boys 100 Meter Breaststroke:
- Junior, Jack Allen, broke the 100-Meter breaststroke short course record set by Neil Seilder back in 1992 (1:11.89). Jack broke this 29-year-old record with a new time of 1:08.44!
- Girls 400 Meter Free Relay:
- The Girls 400 Free Relay team, composed of Kassidy McGuire, Caroline Caveness, Mary Bastian, and Libby Russum, broke a record set back in 2018 (4:16.42) with a new time of 4:16.00!
April 9th Regional Diving @ D-B (5pm to 7:30pm)
April 10th Regionals we host it @KAC (7am to 12 | Return at night 4:30pm to 8pm)
April 11th Back up day for boys @KAC (7am to 12 | Return at night 4:30pm to 8pm)
April 23rd State Meet @UT Knoxville.
Get your Physicals turned in to Kevin Trivette. Drop it off after you register to Activities for Kevin. No physical no practice!!
Join Remind (Download APP)
Join class @dbswim2021
We will have different levels of swimmers. We will spread the numbers out to the socially distant.
Maroon will be State Qualifiers practice times will be 3:15 to 4:45 M-F
Dark Grey will practice 5:30am to 7am.
Light Grey 4:45pm to 5:45pm (Beginners. This group may be combine with dark Grey)
Divers practice after school 3:15 to 4:45
Depending on numbers we may have only two groups.
Please fill out google form for Dete balance groups.
Other stuff you need to know.
- Wear your mask while on deck or in the locker room. Social distance as best you can while on deck.
- Locker rooms are for changing quickly. We need to limit the number of swimmers in the locker room. In the morning we will stagger lanes to limit numbers. Wear your mask while in the locker room.
- Temperature check will happen before practice.
· If you have had a fever greater than 100 degrees
· Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
· Sore Throat
· New Loss of taste or smell
We will ask you not to practice.
We have a 100% attendance policy in place.