golf INFORMATION & SCores of Interest
Welcome to the Dobyns-Bennett Golf Website. Visit the D-B Athletics website for up-to-date information and scores. Also, follow us on Twitter - Just click the button below!
Boys Golf Score Updates:
- The Indians finished 4th in the Region 1 Tournament on 9/20/18, posting a team score of 323! Sophomores Zac Fletcher and William Karst each posted scores of 78 (+6) to finish tied for 9th individually! Congrats to the boy golf team on a very strong season!
- After a 3rd place finish in the District 1 Championship, the Indians are moving on to Regionals! Sophomore William Karst shot a 77 (+5) to finish 5th overall, followed by fellow sophomore Taylor Kilgore’s solid 78 (+6).
The Tribe boys golfers finished 3rd at the Big 11 Conference Championship, posting a team score of 309. Sophomore Zac Fletcher led the Tribe, shooting a 4-over par 75.
- The Tribe boys finished 2nd on 8/20/18 in a four-team match at Johnson City Country Club. Team Scores: Science Hill: 155 D-B: 164 South:182 Elizabethton: 189. Sophomore William Karst posted a 38 (+2) to lead the Tribe individually.
- The Tribe boys golfers posted a team score of 160 to defeat Central (174) and Crockett (198) on 8/16/18 at Warrior's Path Golf Course. Taylor Kilgore was individual medalist with a score of 38.
The boys golf team pulled out a tough win on 8/9/18 against Tennessee High and Daniel Boone at Bristol Country Club. Team Scores: D-B: 161, Boone: 162, TN High: 165
- On 8/6/18, the Tribe boys golfers posted a 4th place finish competing against 17 of East TN’s top teams in the Mike Mills Invitational at The Country Club of Morristown.
- The D-B Boys Golf team defeated Daniel Boone High School on 7/26/18 by a score of 158-170.
Girls Golf Score Updates:
- Congratulations to Isabella van der Biest for winning top medalist in the TSSAA Large Class State Golf Tournament in Manchester with a score of 5 under par, 67. The Lady Indians team finished 3rd only 5 strokes behind 1st place team Station Camp and 1 stroke behind 2nd place team Houston. The second day of competition was cancelled due to rain. Congrats, ladies!
- Congratulations to Katerina Scott, Isabella vanderBiest, and Erin Colhoun, the Lady Indians Golf Team for being the 2018 Regional Golf Champions with a team score 154. Isabella won 1st medalist with a score of 74. Katerina won 3rd medalist with a 3-way playoff. Erin Colhoun added a personal best with a 95. The girls will advance to the State Tournament in Manchester, TN.
- The Lady Indians Golf Team competed in the District Tournament on 9/12/18 at the Johnson City Country Club. Isabella van der Biest was a medalist with a score of 1 over par, 73 and Katerina Scott received a medal for 5th lowest individual score with an 80. Erin Colhoun came in with a 121. The Lady Indians earned the 2018 District Championship with a team score of 153. Congratulations, Ladies and good luck next week in the Regionals. Roll Tribe!
- The Lady Indians won the 2018 Big 7 Golf Conference at Tri-Cities Golf Club on Thursday, August 24, 2018 - with a team score of 149. Isabella van der Biest tied for first place medalist with a 72, Katerina Scott scored a 77 and Erin Colhoun came in with a 111. The Lady Indians will play in the District Tournament on September 12, at Johnson City Country Club. Roll Tribe!
- The Lady Indians Golf Team traveled to the Johnson City Country Club on 8/20/18 for a match with Science Hill, Sullivan South and Elizabethtton. The Lady Indians defeated all three schools as Isabella van der Biest scored a 1 under par 35 and Katerina Scott came in with a 1 over par 37 for a team total 72. Erin Colhoun scored 50. The other team score were; Sullivan South 78, Science Hill 90, and Elizabethton 109. Congratulations ladies on your victory!
- Congratulations to the Lady Indians Golf Team for their victory over Central and Crockett High schools on 8/15/18 at Warriors Path Golf Course. The team's total score was a 69 with Isabella van der Biest scoring 2 under par 34 and Katerina Scott scoring 1 under par 35. Erin Colhoun came in with a score of 49. Congrats girls and Roll Tribe!
- Congratulations to the Lady Indians Golf Team. Isabella van der Biest, Katerina Scott, and Erin Colhoun won the Mike Mills Invitational on 8/7/18 in Morristown at the Country Club with a team score of 151. Isabella van der Biest recorded a 2 under par, 70 and Katerina Scott recorded an 81. This is the second consecutive year the Lady Indians have won this tournament.
2019 golf ROSTER (Coming Soon)
2019 boys & Girls golf SCHEDULE